Diocesan elementary and secondary schools are accredited by both the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). WASC is the organization that accredits all colleges and universities as well as public and private secondary schools.
We recently had our accreditation visit from WASC/WCEA. The visiting team recognized St. Theresa's school-wide strengths:
- A faculty and staff whose selfless dedication creates a community of faith
- An exceptionally proactive principal whose leadership sets an example of Christian values for both staff and students.
- Close-knit family atmosphere in which all students feel safe and loved.
- Parents’ participation in and affirmation of the faculty, school and its Mission.
- Pastor’s dedication and support of the school as a ministry of evangelization
- An exemplary level of coordination with community resources to provide enrichment. (e.g., LTUSD, Heavenly Ski Resort, City of South Lake Tahoe)
- Outstanding public relations and use of local media
- Innovative curriculum and instructional methodologies which have raised ITBS scores.
- Integration of Schoolwide Learning Expectations into academics and the daily life of the students.
- School exudes a Catholic Christian atmosphere.
- Open lines of communication between school and parents
- Involvement of the school community in self-directed problem solving and collaboration.
- Tireless efforts toward improving the school’s financial outlook.
- Successful preschool which has generated revenue and helped increase kindergarten enrollment.
Words from Principal Anne Filce